Tomorrow is October 1st and another MnP Challenge is about
to kick off. I am not officially doing the fall challenge but the first of the
month always seems like a good time for me to reset and decide what I am going
to change up. I typically pin new recipes and commit to getting out of my
"usual" routine with food as well as fitness. I have some new
workouts I want to try and so forth.
This Whole 30/ Paleo has really become a lifestyle for me.
For the most part if I cook I follow the a Whole 30/ Paleo diet. I don't add
any sugar and buy ingredients with only natural sugars, etc. If I go out to eat
I order the cleanest item possible on the menu. Typically a salad with a
protein and oil/ vinegar dressing. Sometimes a protein and a vege. Depends on
the restaurant.
Some people still question how it can be done and how it can
be "followed" indefinitely. But, once you start to cook and eat whole
food you don't feel like you are restricting yourself. Yes, at times it
requires planning because most "fast" foods and snacks are not
compliant but grabbing an apple is easy and so is a handful of nuts, sunflower
seeds, etc. You just have to make different choices when you grocery shop.
Ok... so my blog today is as a result of how SICK I feel
right now and my desire to document it. As a said, I am not going to do the
challenge officially but I am going to reset Oct 1st. Meaning, getting back to
being more careful with my labels, cutting the soy from my coffee which is a
cheat, being more careful when I order at restaurants, etc. So, today I decided
that I was going to order one of my favorite salads from Wildflour which has an
incredible balsamic dressing (non compliant). It also comes with a freshly
baked side of bread. Normally bread is no trouble. Honestly, I never ever ever
thought that I would say that but it's true. What I miss most at times is the
cheese off of a pizza or chips/ salsa but when there is a loaf of bread at the
table it does nothing for me. (And if I were going to eat bread it would be a
sourdough grilled cheese).. Back to my story, so normally I would eat the salad
even with the dressing because if that's the worst thing I eat from time to
time it's not going to kill me. I've also noticed that I continue to lose
weight & feel good even though I made modifications. Well, today when I
pulled the salad out of the bag the bread was on top. I could feel the warm
freshly baked loaf wrapped in foil. I thought, what the heck. Tomorrow is
reset. I can't remember the last time I had a few bites of bread. I honestly
can't. As I enjoyed my salad I ripped off a couple bites of bread and popped
them in my mouth. At first it tasted a little strange. I could actually taste
the yeast or something. I don't know. I am not a baker but I could taste the
bitterness of the bread and the salt in it. Once I got passed all that it was
tasty so I ripped off two more pieces and enjoyed those. (And by pieces I mean bite size amounts not an entire slice) I finished my salad
and got back to knocking out some emails. But it wasn't long before I felt like
I was going to be sick. It was the strangest feeling. My stomach felt awful.
Instantly. Call me crazy but I think it was from the bread. I think my system
has been so use to processing different food that this was like the equivalent
of what people feel when they are lactose intolerant or can't tolerate spicy
food.
It's hard to explain how good you feel and how well you
sleep when you clean up your diet and drink lots of water. That is why I don't
feel like I am cheating myself on anything. Reset helps me think outside the
box when it comes to planning my meals because there are so many delicious
things I can eat but I get stuck making the same handful of stuff. The only way
I can explain when you cheat is that you do get a hangover type of feeling. For
me, it's usually my stomach that bothers me the most and sometimes I get a
headache. If my body is reacting that way then there's something to be said for
that.
It's just like the first 4-5 days of the challenge. I thought
my head was going to explode day 3. Now that I look back I think how amazing
that your body is so addicted to things you don't realize you are
"addicted" to and how toxic many of those things are hence why you
feel detox symptoms.
The body knows what it needs to do to heal itself... The
challenge is to silence the mind.
Here's to Oct 1st!
No comments:
Post a Comment