Monday, March 31, 2014

It feels like New Years Eve...

New Years Eve is the "last night" of all the holiday indulging before wiping the slate clean on New Year's Day. So knowing that I am staring at 30 days of a strict diet has me feeling "festive". The crazy thing is that I eat pretty well for the most part and I don't particularly crave certain things. I am pretty good about moderation but knowing that I am going to kick off this challenge April 1st must have triggered something inside me. I found myself having the total mental green light to eat foods I typically don't. I had a grilled cheese for lunch on Friday. In part that was because it was the easiest thing to grab in between meetings and on a fish Friday (lent). It tasted so good that I had another one on Saturday followed by a cheeseburger on Sunday. I felt kinda gross afterwards. I am sure that skipping the gym Friday, Saturday, and Sunday didn't help. But hey, might as well make a good "before" picture. (lol)

I stocked up on tilapia, chicken thighs, & organic beef at CostCo as well as cauliflower, broccoli, and eggs. Now I just need to hit the grocery store and get more of the "other" stuff that I don't want to buy in mass quantity. Like I said in my last post, I plan on keeping things basic this week and I will find some paleo / Whole30 recipes to try as the week goes on and I prep for week 2. I had so much going on last week and this weekend that I chose not to spend my weekend in the kitchen. But, I plan on cooking tonight.

I had my last Venti at Starbucks this morning. I really think that and my Orbit gum is going to be the hardest things to give up. I know the Starbucks isn't as much about the caffeine because I did switch to decaf for a week earlier this year but it's just part of my routine. I go in, every morning, on my way to work, say hello to the same people that are sitting in the same spots, reading the paper, I grab my coffee (load it up with extra cream & Sweet and Low) and enjoy it for my 15-20 minute drive into work. It's habit. And I enjoy it. I also chew a ton of gum. It helps keep other things out of my mouth. But, gum's forbidden as well. So, I guess I will have to reach for water and think of an alternative to coffee in the morning. I don't know WHAT I am going to drink during my quiet time on weekend mornings while I am on Pinterest. Clearly I need to come up with a new routine or beverage alternatives.

V.

No comments:

Post a Comment