Monday, March 31, 2014

Ready or Not.....

'Twas the Night Before Christmas....

Well, tonight I made a quick run to the grocery store and picked up a few more things that I didn't want to buy in bulk at CostCo. There is a part of me that's a bit disappointed that I didn't prep full blown meals but given my crazy work schedule and the fact that it's our Spring Break, I really plan on keeping it simple this first week. I have a huge Tupperware full of cooked chicken and I plan on eating that up with different veges these first few days. I have fruit and nuts for snacks, eggs for breakfast and plenty of stuff to season everything with.

Just a couple more hours and it's GO time. I am not sure why I started to feel a little anxious at times these last couple of days. I know that I have complete control over this and in the end this is a way better way to eat but I guess I really don't want to fail. We are partnered up so I want to get the most points possible so I don't let my team down. Oh... for those that are not familiar with the challenge.... You don't "win" by weight loss or inches or anything like that. You win by getting points. You earn points by sticking to a Whole 30/ Paleo Diet, exercising, drinking water, etc. You have points deducted for cheating and eating fence foods or drinks like coffee, not getting your points in, etc.

It's so easy to grab processed foods even if they are "healthy" like Greek Yogurt, Protein Bars, Protein Shakes, etc. so this is going to be a real challenge. As well as staying organized. We are on the go a lot. I work full time and my boys are active in sports so sometimes it's easy to eat on the run. We make healthy choices like Chipotle for fast food and we all eat fairly well at restaurants but you can't control the ingredients at restaurants so a lot of that is going to be OUT for the next 30 days so I need to plan plan plan.

Ok well, I am going to enjoy this last glass of wine. I know I will not miss alcohol as much as my Starbucks and gum. I really can't wait to see what my body does in 30 days so I need to keep my mind on that.

Here's my motivation... DO IT FOR THE AFTER PICTURE!!! & a healthy gut!

Good Night Y'all....

V.


No comments:

Post a Comment