Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Day 1

First thing I did this morning (instinctively) was reach for my boys' gummy vitamins. As soon as I went to twist the top off I caught myself. I woke up super pumped for the challenge. My fridge is stocked with stuff I can eat and I almost accidentally ate 2 gummy vitamins. I don't know if I can take vitamins, but I know that gummy vitamins are OUT.

As I sit here typing this I have a lingering headache which I have had all day. I think it's a caffeine headache. I honestly thought I had built up a tolerance to Starbucks but I discovered today that there is clearly something in their coffee that helps me out in the morning.  I could not stop yawning and my energy most of the day felt low. I poured myself a big tall infused water to enjoy on my ride into work, but it wasn't the same.

I need to keep this short and sweet because I can't wait to go to bed...

I did really well with food today. I mixed in eggs, nuts, salmon, chicken, apples, and a salad. I wasn't hungry at all. The most intense craving I had was for gum. I chew Orbit. I tend to chew it at work, in front of my computer, after a meal, at the gym, etc and I wanted gum BADLY today. That and the coffee were the hardest. In fact, I took my boys to Bass Pro Shop tonight and the guy helping us was chewing gum and I couldn't stop looking at his mouth. I am sure he thought I was a freak.

And yes... after a loooong day at work I dragged myself to Lifetime tonight. Once I got there I was fine. I got in a really good workout. Mixed it up with some wall ball and lots of core, finished with a little cardio.

29 days to go...

V.

PS... Thank you to all that have posted on my Facebook and asked to follow this blog. Your support and encouragement really mean a lot. Xo

More info on the program I am following Whole 30/ Paleo
http://whole30.com/whole30-program-rules/

No comments:

Post a Comment