I admit, years ago when my BFF got on a running kick which turned into 5ks, 10ks, marathons, and finally a triathlon I was right there with several others that would roll their eyes every time There was a running related facebook post or check in at a gym, track, race, etc. I didn't get it.
It wasn't until I started to seek out information on fitness and nutrition did I realize that motivation and accountability comes in many ways. For people that have chosen to challenge themselves it's satisfying to post information they found to be helpful or pictures of their progress. When you commit so something and begin to see results whether it's improved time, lower cholesterol, wieght loss, whatever it may be it's gratifying to share that information. However, until you have done it and have experienced people supporting you or thankful for sharing information with them you won't get it. And you too may continue to roll your eyes, judge, and be bothered by these types of rants. And that is ok. I am ok with that. I am most successful when I am doing bootcamps or when I put a goal out there to the universe. Accountability is important (to me) and by talking about what I am doing in person or via social media is another way to keep myself on track. I find many others are just trying to do the same thing.
I love that this challenge pairs you up with a partner and that there is a group facebook page where people share tips, recipes, and what they are going through. I especially love to see progress pictures or before/ after.
Paleo / Whole 30 can be tricky and I am thankful for having people that have spelled out what I need to do and how I need to eat. I work best with "instructions". Tell me what I need to do, and I will do it. However, the challenge is to silence the mind so that the body can do what it needs to do... whether it's to eat, drink, rest, etc.
I am soooo thankful for the link I am going to post below:
http://whole30.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/ One of my fellow challengers who has gone through this posted it. While I am not looking forward to the various phases it's helpful to know what I am experiencing at the time is totally normal and there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Just like when you are pregnant (for those that have been pregnant) and you seek out pregnancy boards, pregnancy information, pregnancy groups, this is no different.
Also here's another helpful link on portion sizes. Eating in the correct proportion, combinations, and certain times is key.
http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf
Thanks for all your support. Xo
V
No comments:
Post a Comment