This is going to be quick because I.can.not.wait to get under the covers and pin aimlessly until I fall asleep. This --> girl is pooped. It was a busy weekend since I decided to mix in a road trip to North Carolina and take the boys to the Great Wolf Lodge. Before setting out on our adventure I grabbed a few more things from the grocery store because I know preparation is the key. Now, I am not going to eat prepped meals on my "mini vacation" (I know some people do) but I want to look forward to eating out and I know I can order "safely" from a menu. However, road snacks and hotel room snacks are a must. <<-- Here is a pic of what I packed up. I was so excited for find LaraBars. I found out they are totally approved and all the ingredients are WHOLE FOODS. Now, I can't have every flavor because some contain things I can't have during the 30 day challenge but I grabbed 4 that I could have. I am happy to report they were YUMMY and they totally take the edge off.
Ok... I said this was going to be quick and it's getting long. The quick version is that I wasn't starving. Having the right things to grab is key and I had a great time at lunch/dinner with out feeling like I was depriving myself. Part of the thing with food is that we wrap so much routine into it as well as the social aspect. But, this challenge is helping me break out of routine and think about when, what, and why I am eating. Also, just because I am embracing Whole 30 doesn't mean I can't enjoy eating out.
So, below are my two meals. Lunch at Jim 'N Nicks BBQ. Chopped salad with smoked chicken, tomatoes, olives, and onions. Totally clean and approved. I munched on my snacks on the way up to NC and felt totally satisfied. Once we got to Great Wolf I was busy at the water park. I drank tons of water and even managed to squeeze in a workout at their fitness center. (Go ME!) There have been LOTS of trips where I pack workout clothes and they never make it out of the suitcase. Not this time. Ok, so dinner was clean again. We went to a steakhouse and I got a Fillet with NO sauce just salt & pepper, sweet potato, and steamed broccoli. It also came with a side salad and just like with lunch I just used oil/ vinegar for the dressing. Believe it or not I couldn't even finish it all. I only had a few bites of the sweet potato and about half the broccoli. I did not have ONE SINGLE cheat bite, sip, nothing all weekend. I know this may sound crazy but I am not as hungry as I thought it was and maybe once your body doesn't have carbs you are not craving them. However, the fruit and the LaraBars did help.
![]() |
| Dinner |
![]() |
| The new norm |
Oh, I did try to order a decaf black coffee at Starbucks for the ride home, but after two sips I dumped it. I would rather drink water than black coffee. Now I know. So my new Starbucks norm...
Time to hit the hay. I am super sore from my workouts and the only thing I am really struggling with... well, there are two things... 1. I am still tired. I wake up feeling great but I hit a bit of a wall in the afternoon. Hoping this passes soon. 2. I would still LOVE a piece of gum!!!
Here's to Day 6 and I haven't cheated once.
V.




No comments:
Post a Comment