It was another busy weekend and since I am posting on my iPad and haven't downloaded the google app I won't be able to post pics... Again. I have so many. So I will *try* and do it soon.
I've discovered that I enjoy decaf with coconut milk. This is exciting because even though I miss my Starbucks more than almost anything the thought of going back to artificial sugar is just not an option. This challenge has become less about changing my body and more about realizing how all that crap (processed foods, sugar, grains, gluten, etc.) impacts ...everything. I honestly feel like I have so much more energy. I use to hit snooze 1-2 times in the morning. Now I've been popping up feeling completely recharged and not drowsy or anything. It's crazy. I've also been sleeping like a rock. I have some crazy dreams but I sleep great. I also feel like I am not as cranky and I have a lot more patience with my kids. I haven't been hungry at all between meals. When I fix my kids' plates I am not tempted to take a bite of anything they are eating. This I find unbelievable. It really is true that by not eating sugar you don't crave it. Problems with many diets is that it's sneaky. So many foods have it so even if you think you are abstaining, you may not be. Reading labels is routine and I also stick with many of the same foods for ease. I really wish I could shout it from the rooftops how life changing eating this way is but I know that I use to read "this stuff" and think ... Ya ok. Then come up with excuses or exceptions. But you can't cheat for this to work and if you don't cheat you will see that it's not hard to stay on track and your body will change. Not just physically but mentally too.
Well, today was Easter and I was able to stay compliant at brunch. Great salad selections, eggs, veges, chicken cooked in olive oil, and some pork with just a simple spice marinade.
I have to get an early workout in tomorrow because I have an HOA meeting afterwork so off to bed I go.
I promise pics are coming soon!
V
| Clean Easter Brunch 2 salads, eggs with tomatoes, chicken cooked in lemon, garlic, & olive oil, pulled pork with simple spice marinade Get. in. the. belly |
No comments:
Post a Comment